5 Ways to a Healthier Start

Hello everybody, have you enjoy the last post on 5 Essentials in My Make-Up bag? Anyone of those products are your essentials or your the I don't need makeup girl? Damn, you're lucky girl; or you just don't like makeup either way it's your choice isn't it?
I understand that "Getting into a healthy Lifestyle" or "Losing Weight" has been on the New Years resolution of many out there but with those Tasty Videos on Instagram and Food Promotional Pics and Vids ain't helping us to stay motivated. Let me tell you something, why not try incorporating new options into your lifestyle, rather than a crash diet or an annual goal. Getting it into your lifestyle or daily routine will ensure that the habit will stick with you and slowly but surely you would achieve your goal, Rome ain't build over night so don't expect changes will happen overnight as well.
I cooked all This! Follow me in IG @eileenwrighton 

1. Drink More Water

Liquids are so important, often then not we tend to forget about H20 but think that every liquid beverages out there are H20, yes they do contain H20 with some unicorn poop and sacks of tenderising sweetness. Those beverages are most commonly known as, Frappercino, Sodas, box/bottle juices and sparkling sodas. C'mon I knew some of you are sipping on one as you're reading this. They tastes so good because manufacturers add tons of sugar in it and then we humans will consume these 'Liquid calories'; so rather than losing weight, we are gaining weight from the sugar and large possibility of diabetes too. So start drinking more mineral/purified/filtered/cooked water, not only it will lessen the chances of diabetes but also kinder to your bank account.

2. Cut the Junk

Besides drinking more water, why not change up your snacks a lil. I know this is hard af but you gotta let them go, those salty goodness and sweet diabetes will only add more tyres to your waist. Look at the bright side you can always substitute it like me, bring cut carrots & cucumbers with peanut butter to work as a snack, a banana, an apple or any fruit or raw nut as snacks. Cacao is good but not processed ones, choosing dark chocolates are better than regular milk chocolate; if you ever run out of ideas just search on Youtube / Google on healthy guilt free snacks.

3. Get Active

This part here I know will be difficult for many, even for me going to the gym consistently isn't something I am good at keeping up; unless I have someone pushing me or a gym buddy. Just give this a thought, there are so many at home exercises you can follow. C'mon you don't need to start with 20 x 4 of a sit up but start with 10x4 with 1 min break between each set, you can also start walking more to shops or taking public transportation like the train/bus (not when you're rushing to get somewhere though, that ain't too wise ok? What works for me is switching up my routine, 3/4 times a week I go go the gym with different sets of work out and on other days I stayed home doing yoga & pilates, don't expect to see immediate results this is just something you do for a long term result.

4. Greens

Greens...greens...greens, a handful of people I know just don't like them, I can't understand why mainly because I love veggies & greens. I am not telling you to chow down a bowl of raw salad everyday for the rest of your life, you're not a cow. The easiest way is to incorporate more veggies in your diet is to choose the veggies you like eating and adding a lil more to the plate than usual, keep doing that and you will on your way to start loving veggies. It provides the fiber your body needs for a healthy bowel system, and also aids your body in detoxification which you body will normally do to remove any toxic waste in your body and out the other way. If you still struggle with veggies try taking chlorophyll water/wheat grass powder/fiber tablets.

5. Cook Your Food

Now here comes to the fun part, I don't know about you but I love cooking and prepping my own food. Oh why? Cause you you KNOW what is going into your food, like did you wash your hand/clean your nails before you touch it. I've gotta hair, nail clippings (EWWW I know), staples and even sand in my food. If you cook it you can season it to your taste and control the type of oil you use and you definitely know you're not using 'ultra' recycled oil to fry you food. No matter how expensive a restaurant or dish is you will never know what has come in contact with your food and what are the macros of each dish. Google / Youtube some simple easy recipes to follow, but if you want to know how I cook my food let me know and I might do some recipe posts.

This is a process if you find it hard just work on one at the time you don't have to do all this at one go and start small slower you'll realise it has become a norm for you, I will all the best and I'll see you in my next post.

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts