5 Essentials In the Make-Up Bag

Hello everybody, did you enjoy the 5 Things Not to Do in a Relationship ? Did any of those tips help you a lil, I really do hope it help if not I am just a failure *sob*.. *sob..; JUST KIDDING! I'm not that emotional, but sometimes I am *wink*. Realising our own mistakes are hard and overcoming it takes time and discipline, it's a process but I do pray that everyone of you will overcome the monsters within you. Let's put that aside (for now) and jump into something which tickles my hormones; Make-Up.
Sweet words to my ears, my heart string strums to the stroke of color applied on my face. Any make-up enthusiasts will understand this feeling, opening a fresh mascara, eyeliner, foundation, concealer, the list is endless; but if you could only choose 5 items what would they be?
That's harsh isn't it? It's like telling your child who you favor most, as all of them are your babies, trevelling with shit load of make-up because you just need 4 mascaras and 10 lipsticks for that 2 nights stay, anyone?? *Raise Hand Proudly* Been there done that! So, I have recently been trying to see which item I can't stop using and repurchasing. Here are the 5 Essentials in My Make-Up bag.

1. Concealer

Your girl here ain't no flawless queen, I have panda-ish eyes, discoloration and acne; if you're that flawless angel and don't need foundation/concealers, baby girl you're blessed. I need my concealer, unless I'm wearing my glasses and yes, I am that geek glasses girl. My holy grail for concealer right now is... *Drum Roll*... Maybelline Age Rewind in Medium. This concealer has been a fave & rave for many years and it lives up to the hype; but the only down side is the color selection, it only has light & medium shade, I am not sure whether Maybelline only made 2 shades or it's just in Malaysia.

2. EyeBrow Pencil

Oh~ tacos & nachos, I can't describe the feeling of this love for eyebrow products (Once I learn how to applied it correctly) If you have seen me bare face before you will understand why, don't get me wrong I have eyebrows, I didn't shave them all off (thankfully) but it's just not as visible as I would prefer, you girls with blessed thick brows, oh how I adore them all you need to do is to keep them in shape. *sigh* Brows frame the entire face it just instantly transform the look for the entire face, wanna know which one I have been loving and I have repurchase?? No?
I'm still gonna tell you! ... 1028Visual Therapy Long Wear Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown.

3. Eyeliner

Ok now this is like a pure essential since I started playing with make-up, I remember clearly that I love playing with my mum's pencil liner when she is at work. ( My mum is that typical strict mum that thinks 'me' wearing makeup at a young age is gonna make me slutty) *Clears Throat* So I kept on venturing into it and may I say my liner game is STRONG! My mum clearly has nothing to say about it anymore as this girl here ain't slutty but eyes are sultry. *wink*
I love every eyeliner out there which has a brush tip or a gel formula, I would not purposefully purchase or use a felt tip liner; pencil liner is good as long as it is water & smeer proof.
Pencil Liner : UD Pencil Liner; Eyeliner : Maybelline / 1028 Visual Therapy; Gel Liner : Laura Mercier / Maybelline.

4. Sculpting Palette 

Alright you caught me,  3 products in 1. It was a smart move though, rather than travelling with 3  separate compacts why not have a 3in1 thing; blush, bronzer and highlight. I realise how looking like you have baby skin complexion is as important to have a slight color & dew to the face. I used to love the ghostly flawless look with clear skin but it ain't as fun without some blush, shading and dew. On the flip side, it can double up as a eyeshadow too... shhh that's my little secret.
There are many sculpting palettes on the market these days from different brands & price ranges, right now I am currently loving the Rimmel Sculpting Palette in 002.

5. Lip Balm

I would put lip tint or liquid lipstick but I don't think I am able to live without my tinted lip balm, dry lips are just not sexy. A tinted lip balm just give you that hint of color at the same time keeping my lips from cracking, my fave is the Kiehl's Butter Stick Lip Treatment with SPF 25 in Pop of Peony. It was a gift from my sister and I love it!


I know this is just a 'smiget' amount of Make-Up & can be a lot of some but these are my must have and essentials, what are yours? These also fit perfectly in a small make-up bag for travelling and emergency make-up situations. 

Til Next time, xoxo 

Comments

Popular Posts